From an article in 2007 that I was just about to throw out, but why not put it up here so I can use it the next time I’m in Tokyo.
Chef Lee Hefter’s fave restaurants in Tokyo, from the LA Times:
- Kasowaki 2-7-2 Azabu-Juban, Minato-ku – tiny restaurant with dinner Omakase for Bt5,000
- Kondo, Sakaguchi Building 5-5-13 Ginza, Cho-ku. wonderful tempura, Omakase dinners betw Bt2,300-Bt,4,300
- Shotai-En, 5-9-5 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Japanese-Korean style BBQ, with great Kobe beef. Bt1,000 per person for dinner
- Sushidokoro Shimizu, 2-15-13 Shinbashi, Minato-ku. 8 seat sushi bar in a residential alley in Shinbashi. Omakase lunch Bt 3,300.
- Uchiyama 2-12-3 Ginza, Chuo-ku, an elegant kaiseki restaurant, great value. Omakase lunch Bt 2,800.
(Photo from Travel and Leisure Asia, “The True Tastes of Tokyo”, stuff ready to be tempura-ized at Kondo)