(Obviously, a work in progress…)
Concerts, Shows, Theatre & Words
- Muriel’s Wedding, the Musical: Loved the adaptation and update, music and cast. A fun show. I wonder if it will transfer overseas.
- What will be the first exhibition of 2018?
- Elena Ferrante’s My Brilliant Friend (fiction): reading it now.
- Moana. I watched this hungover from New Year’s Eve and thought it was great.
- Call me by your name: Romantic, languid and slow. Of course I loved it.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Entertaining, engaging with characters I was rooting for, and amusing space creatures.
- The Shape of Water: What an odd film, but quite magical.
- Lady Bird: I don’t think I liked it quite as much as the critics… and even though the film was playing with cliché and trope, some felt too familiar, but the central performance is compelling.
- Stranger Things, Season 2. Pretty fun to watch, and some interesting developments from the first season though I’m not sure it always make sense…
- Project Runway All Stars, 2018
- The Crown, Season 2